Image Map

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Three Things I've Learned This Summer

ThreeThingsI'veLearned
Today, I'm linking up with Mrs. Miracle's Music Room to share 3 things I learned this summer. I should note that these are all things that on some level I always knew, but this summer has made more obvious.

Slide1
When I wasn't with my family or friends this summer I spent almost every moment working. Some may say that this leads to stress and anxiety or may even argue that I need to spend the summer relaxing to rejuvenate myself. I would disagree. The work I do over the summer is the kind of work I enjoy doing. The things like creating interactive games, song files, and decorations for my room. Pinning, using instagram, and facebook messaging inspiring quotes, pictures, and more. All these things are the kind of work I do each day. Doesn't sound so stressful now, does it? During the summer I get to work on the work I enjoy doing and I don't have to worry about the parts of the teaching profession that I find less than thrilling.

Slide2
This summer was one of the hardest and most tragic summers I've ever experienced. The last week of June I spent taking care of my dad, who had been fighting a battle with Renal Cell Carcinoma (Kidney Cancer) for three years. I spent a week watching him slowly slip away. First confusion set in. Then his body started to shut down, too. At the end of the long week my dad passed away with me and other members of my family at his side. Losing my dad has to be one of the hardest moments of my life. It is another reminder of how important it is to cherish each moment. Enjoy every second of time you have with your family and friends because you never know if it will be your last.

Slide3
I have known my boyfriend for almost three years now and I can say, without a doubt, that he is the absolute best. This summer he attended a wedding with me (one I was standing up for - out of state) and after spending at least 5 hours in a hotel room by himself still never once complained. In fact, when I apologized that he had to spend so much time on his own he just replied "You would have been bored if I hadn't gone." He has also been there for me every step of the way with my dad. I'm an emotional mess (most of the time) and he kindly and patiently deals with it. How could I possibly ask for more than that?

It's been a crazy summer, but I'm going to soak up the last few weeks. Vacation starts in less than 40 hours!

No comments :

Post a Comment