Image Map

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Thankful Thursday Linky Party!


So I know it is Saturday and I am just finally joining the Thankful Thursday Linky Party, hosted by Aileen Miracle. I have been looking forward to this linky party, but it has been such a crazy week I just had the hardest time finding time to write my blog post.


On a personal level, I'm thankful for my family and my 'families.'


This is my immediate family - me, my sister, brother, sister-in-law, mom, dad, niece, and nephew. My brother and sister-in-law recently had a third child that was just born about two weeks ago. I am so glad to have a family that is so supportive and loving. My dad was diagnosed with stage four Kidney cancer in July of 2012. When my family found out it was devastating. I have always been daddy's girl and the last year and a half has been a roller coaster of emotions. However, I do believe it has brought us all closer together.

I have been blessed to not only have a wonderful family, but many people in my life that I consider my family. One of the schools I teach at only has one of each grade level. I have taught at this school for three years now, so the staff feels like a second family to me. They have been there for me through hard times and great times.

My third family is my church family. When I moved 30 minutes away from Green Bay (my hometown), it was kind of scary. I didn't know if I would find new friends or have people near me that would help me through the hard times. However after only a few weeks I started to get to know the wonderful ladies at my church. They are so supportive and I'm forever grateful for making me feel at home in the little town of Pulaski.


I'm thankful for my students and job!


I have the kind of job that I can do silly things like the picture above without being criticized for acting like a child. My students love that I am over dramatic. They love that I tell detailed stories and run around like a chicken with my head cut off. They are so much fun to be with and I can't believe that I have such a fun job. I actually decided I wanted to be a music teacher when I was 7 years old! This is just a dream come true for me. :)


I'm thankful for my new music teacher friends

Thanks to the Facebook Frenzy going on right now, I have met a lot of great music teachers who I can bounce ideas off of. These ladies are all so passionate about what they do it is hard not to be inspired by all of them. I'm so honored to be a part of there group even as a rather new teacher.

PreviewFacebookFrenzy

And just as a reminder, the Facebook Frenzy is going on until 8:00 pm EST - December 9th. You can find great freebies like the one above. Just click on the picture above to go to my facebook page. Then click the penguin tab and collect the freebie. Don't forget to follow the snowman all around to get 17 FREEBIES!

2 comments :